The Workforce Development Unit (WDU) provides training opportunities for the Adult Care workforce in York, which includes any organisation/individual providing care and services, for example:
- organisations in the voluntary, statutory and private sectors
- unpaid carers/volunteers
- staff employed directly by individuals
We work in partnership with subject knowledge experts to develop and deliver quality training. We’ve designed many of our courses specifically for staff and volunteers working in the care sector.
To access our courses, log in to MyLo (our learning platform), and either:
- create a new account, or
- log into your existing account
Once logged in, search for courses by:
- clicking the 'Find learning' menu option
- selecting 'Yes' in the 'Adult Care' tag on the left hand side
Alternatively, type your search term into the ‘Search by’ field, and a list of relevant courses will appear.